April 22nd, 2008
Have you ever noticed people are more drawn to you when you feel good? Do you feel more confident when you are happy? Have you ever watched an ordinary looking person transform into sheer beauty when taken over by a genuine smile? Happy people are attractive regardless of their physical endowments. Do you know what it is that makes you happy? Here are some thoughts:
- Shift your focus. Think of what it is that you can do right now to create the life you want. If you think your boss, brother, neighbor, fellow driver or friend are responsible for how you feel, think again. You’re the one in charge. You choose the thoughts which give rise to feelings, which in turn create your reality. Stop the blame-game, you won’t win. Instead, ask yourself what you can do to fix a situation that brings you down.
- Take care of your body. When our physical needs are unmet, we tend to feel tired and worn out rather than happy. Adequate sleep, proper relaxation, as well as healthy nutrition and regular exercise go a long way in promoting a sense of well-being.
- Pay attention to your emotions. Thoughts create feelings, and–like it or not–feelings make most of our day-to-day decisions. When you notice your emotions are turbulent, get help. Find a trusted friend or a professional to help you take a closer look at the problem.
- Feed your soul. In my work with terminally ill patients I learned this: the love we give and receive is the only thing that matters. All else is non-essential. You cannot possibly miss the purpose of your life when you cultivate compassion—love’s life blood.
- Cultivate relationships. People are happier, healthier and more resilient when they have a strong support system of friends and family. We all need that shoulder to lean on from time to time. Be good to your friends. Fix broken family ties. Forgive and let go; it will make you light enough to move forward.
Entry Filed under: Relationships
Most Recent Posts
- Another happy story. A Table for 2 baby!
- Yes really, take your mother’s advice!
- Another Happy Story At TFT...
- New dating lingo proposed for singles over 40
- Perspectives on Sex